Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Scarpetta: Flawless Yet AGAIN

I seriously think I could eat at this restaurant every single night and never get tired of it. It's by far my favorite restaurant (yes, even ahead of Babbo) and the service, food and atmosphere are simply perfect.

After downing a bottle of wine at my apartment (oops!), Katie and I arrived at exactly 9:30 where our table was awaiting us. Since it was a bit on the later side, the bar was nice and full yet not totally out of control bustling. Our waiter was adorably attentive and couldn't say enough great things about Scott.

Being the end of summer, we decided to try the softshell crab salad with heirlooms. Perfectly fried, light and balanced the heaven-sent polenta with wild mushrooms quite well.

Even though I had previously ordered the spaghetti pomodoro and the duck and foie gras ravioli, I simply had to re-taste to ensure Scott was a consistent chef. Uh...YEA HE IS! Both were completely transporting and we insisted on more bread baskets (the prosciutto/mozz is HEAVEN) to sop up the remaining sauce.

Three words: I WANT MORE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So exciting! I can't wait to eat at Scarpetta. If you haven't already, you should try dell'inima - it's also superb.