Friday, August 15, 2008

Watch out, Hearth, Terroir might steal your thunder

If you know me at all, you are well aware that chicken liver pate and certain types of cheese make me a very happy camper.

Last night's discovery of Terroir made me not only want to sing in the (pouring) rain but empty my wallet on pate and cheese alone. Fortunately, the shot glass sized portion of creamy, flavorful chicken liver pate was probably a blessing in disguise for my waistline. The crusty little rounds of country bread were perfectly toasted and begged to for heaps of pate. Heaven!

Our waitress was such a little gem that we decided to nosh on some manchego and robiola (almost Camembert-like!) to extend our time at the long wooden communal table that was rapidly filling up. Since it was still considered "Riesling Summer," I went ahead and sipped on a dry guy from the Finger Lakes region while Kara went for one from Tanzania. Both were delicious and delightfully refreshing from what appeared to be a summer downpour outside.

Totally unpretentious and laid back, Terroir's little slice of heavenly East Village real estate will definitely be at the top of my wine bar list.

1 comment:

fastcar said...

definitely one of my top fav finds of 2008 - totally chill, affordable, yummy and fun. and the staff is super friendly and helpful - you can't help but want to go back! :)