Monday, May 19, 2008

Why I Love Brunch


Brunch is that time of the week that I look forward to every weekend. I can effectively cure my hangover with some eggs, toast, and, if it's really severe, a big fat Bloody Mary.

On Sunday (I know, I'm a bit lackadaisical on posting these days), Lauren and I went to Resto, a Belgian Spotted Pig that's conveniently located around the corner from my new apartment.

I started out with an Americano, Lauren with a cappuccino. Not too bitter, not too frothy. LD had to talk me down from the $12 Bloody Mary ledge but the tables around us really seemed to be enjoying theirs immensely. We decided to split the eggs Benedict and an egg white frittata (wedding in t-minus six days!) and we could not have selected a better brunch.

The Benedict was obviously my favorite since the English muffin was replaced by a sweet, fluffy, perfectly-sized Belgian waffle. The Hollandaise sauce was not too overwhelming and created a thin, smooth layer over the egg. The frittata, surprisingly, was very well seasoned was just bursting with flavor. Both were accompanied by a lightly dressed mixed greens salad - it complemented the heavy Benedict perfectly.

I'll definitely be back to Resto as the fries with dipping sauce and Bloodys looked TO DIE FOR.

No comments: