Thursday, April 10, 2008

I forgot how tasty olive oil can be...

Last night's opening at Fig and Olive Midtown could not have been more perfectly executed. The space reminded me of the uptown location more so than the Meatpacking outpost with its long marble communal table and narrow dining area. The girls praised the evening's cocktail, a sweet cucumber mojito, although you probably guessed by now that I didn't venture too far from the Sauvignon Blanc which was poured a little too freely throughout the night.

The food was just as I remembered from the many months spent in the Lex location with Katie - delightfully light scallop crostini, swordfish ceviche (a bit dill-heavy, but tolerable) and a lightly seared tuna tartare.

All I can say is thank goodness this new location is a mere block away from my office - it definitely will be my go-to happy hour/appie spot...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it's time you and Julia A start hanging out...

Anonymous said...

i cannot believe you went here without me. i need to move back STAT.