Sunday, April 27, 2008

The one, the only...Kefi.



What would happen if Michael Psilakis and Stephen Starr became friends? OMG, I can't even think about it. All I can say is that MP's affordable, genuine Greek fare fared better than anyone in my five-party posse ever expected.

Post-Lincoln Center, the girls and I ventured to Kefi's UWS locale and were told our table would be ready in 10-15 mins. This turned into 25-30 and soon we were chomping at bit as we salivated over the menu. However, the young, smoldering waiters scampering to and fro compensated our 10:45 seating.

Let's get down to business. My faves of the night:
-Selection of spreads: something for everyone in a picky party (roasted red pepper hummus, tzatziki with a nice kick, and a light, yet hearty roasted eggplant)
-THE MEATBALLS: super-moist with freshly roasted garlic and olives...we were forced to order two doses.
-Sheep's Milk dumplings: "Slightly chewy and rich little pillows of heaven" - LP (since I can't vouch - it was still Passover...pity party for me!)
-Crispy cod: the smooth whipped potatoes with roasted garlic perfectly complemented the not-super-fried light nuggets of cod
-Mousaka: the super-sweet lamb, roasted eggplant and the thinly sliced potatoes sang harmoniously in a personal casserole dish. I almost licked the plate.

In three words: YOU MUST GO.

1 comment:

kristen said...

Best part about this place is that when you walk into the seating area - you really feel as if you are eating at a restaurant in greece! identical chairs, tables and vibe.