Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Test taste #1: Ben & Jerry's Mint Chocolate Chunk



In celebration of today's 65-degree and sunny weather, Karen and I decided to take a gander downstairs to the Ben & Jerry's ice cream counter. As my first victim of the Mint Chocolate Chip taste test, the single scoop left me confused. Was it the obvious presence of milk fat in the after taste that I was not used to (I'm a die hard fro-yo or low fat Haagen-Daz kind of gal)? Was it the almost-too-large-to fit-in-a-single-bite chocolate chunks?


Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Ben & Jerry's and everything that they stand for. But, I found the chunks to be a bit too over-sized for my taste and frankly, have enjoyed other mint chip/chunk brands better. I'll give this one a generous 7. Next stop: Dylan's Candy Bar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU WANT THE CHUNK? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE CHUNK.

Anonymous said...

The platonic ideal of mint chocolate chip. Like if Chuck Norris and Bruce Willis had a baby made of ice cream. Like if mint and chocolate had a cage match EXCEPT THE CAGE WAS IN MY MOUTH.

Le Disher said...

I AM LAUGHING OUT LOUD AT WORK RIGHT NOW! Slightly reminds me of your MMA match with Will in Bedford....