Friday, April 11, 2008

Never get a waiter named Harlan...

Today's much-anticipated lunch excursion ended up a culinary success but a service nightmare. The restaurant, Ted's Montana Grill, became one of our team's favorite midtown lunch spots after my welcome lunch last month. The bison burgers are decidedly to-die-for and hey, wasn't there an article that just came about how much better bison is for you than beef? So, I went with the cheddar and bbq sauce bison burger (I actually ordered sauteed mushrooms, but alas, our waiter forgot them) and could not have been happier. The biodegradable straw in my Diet Coke, however, was an eco-friendly disaster.

Our novice waiter, Harlan, seemed to not understand the basics of working in a restaurant. After forgetting my mushrooms and botching up the check, the team decided that waiters named Harlan just can't be all that experienced. We'll probably be back to Ted's, we'll just request to not sit in his section.

No comments: