Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Best $4 sandwich I've ever had



Despite the horrendously chilly and rainy weather, Karen and I decided today would be the day that we embark on our Kwik Meal excursion. Decisive about our meal choice (falafel on pita) with four dollar bills in hand, we sprinted (ok, maybe not, but I want to paint a vivid visual here) down the Avenue of the Americas, avoided any other street food vendors and homeless people, and ordered our beloved sandwiches.

The Vendy Awards attracts serious competition every year and Kwik Meal packed a strong falafel punch. The rolled pita (as opposed to the horizontally-cut pita) was substantial and not soggy despite the hefty amount of slightly spicy yogurt sauce drizzled throughout the pita. The four or five falafel were not at all greasy and very easy to bite. As I made my way down my burrito-style sandwich, I could not help but think when the next time I would be enjoying this street food delight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHY weren't you this adventurous last year? remember when we were too weirded out to get our cubans and free beer? even though it was my BIRTHDAY thanks alot bad friend!

Le Disher said...

You weren't really embracing anything other than Le Pain's goat cheese and arugula salad. Let's call spades spades here, Peek! And ask me what we're doing this year for your birthday!! SO THERE!